On 26 January 2016, New Day held a member meeting in Hong Kong. Chris and Liza Green along with Dan Chavasse gave an update on our membership, current financial situation, proposed funding for 2016 and developments at each of our supported projects:
- Over HK$4,650,000 (US$600K) granted to date.
- New day membership remains stable with 53 member contributions and monthly income of HK$39,116 per month.
- Healthy cash balance going into 2016, thanks in large part to HK$674,308 raised in the October 2015 Lantau Challenge – all of these funds are earmarked to support the Matara Girls’ Home over the coming years.
- Continued funding for our 3 anchor projects: LOVEQTRA in Qinghai, China (scholarships and support for 14 girls studying at the Xining Arts School); APLE in Cambodia (funding for their Court Support program) and Matara Girls’ Home in Sri Lanka (running costs, capital expenses and education program for the 29 resident girls).
- Excess funding capacity can be allocated to supplement funding for these 3 projects or could fund a new member-sponsored project.
- You can view the presentation in full here: New Day Meet January 2016. Below some photos from the New Day Lantau Challenge, October 31, 2015.